Here are some photos of me and my family’s from my bridal shower last weekend. I’m wearing an ASOS dress I found at a thrift store for $13!
1. Create a budget and stick to it- I’m doing okay with this one. It’s important to have a budget because I can see how things can easily get out of control with wedding cost.
2. Enjoy the journey-During this engagement me and my fiancé have grown closer and learned a lot about each other and the vision for our future.
3. Pray constantly- I need my peace, must keep my peace no matter what’s going on and what I need to get done.
4. You will find what you need-during this process I have found what I needed despite people telling me if I wait it won’t be available. This applies to wedding gown, decorations etc.
5. You can’t please everyone- I want a small, simple wedding. That means I can’t invite everyone I know. It’s nothing personal, don’t get offended.
6. Keep the communication open-with wedding planning sometimes changes are made in certain details and it’s important to make each other aware.
7. Time speeds up towards the end-It seems like my engagement was very long until the last 2 months.
8. Focus on what’s important-No matter what happens, remember that getting married is the most important part of the day.
Enjoy the rest of your week everyone and if there’s something you want me to blog about please comment below!
Hello Everyone! It’s been a while, I’ve been finalizing my wedding plans and my Bridal shower was this past weekend. I enjoyed it and received some great gifts and ate some good food. I have some pics from my bridal shower that I will post later this week! I took these pics yesterday and it was 100 degrees outside. I had to show my new jacket from H&M worn with my puppy dog tank ( old similar here ) and black ripped jeans ( old similar here). You can’t tell in these pics that I was very sweaty and the second pic was a photo fail ( I was preparing for the photo but only had 10 seconds). I’m getting better at photos, it took only 5 mins to get the pic that I needed ( the first photo) and I got out of that heat. Have a blessed week and I will post later this week.If you have any questions feel free to leave in the comments below!
Congratulations! Love both of these gowns!
Images Via Instagram
Hello Everyone, I decided to change my hair again. I originally wanted black locs with blonde highlights, but due to limited stock I ended up with brown, auburn with blonde highlights. I really like this look and received a of compliments on it so I’m glad I tried something different because it’s better that what I wanted. Today I’m taking a break from a fashion post give you 10 facts about me so guys get to know me a little better!
1. A personal goal of mine is to learn Spanish and French.
2. I’m getting married in 87 days.
3. My favorite season is fall because I like to wear layers and textures.
4. I met my Fiancé in church.
5. My favorite food is soul food and Mexican.
6. I sometimes overthink things.
7. As soon as I became content being single, God sent my husband.
8. I don’t believe that a woman should ever propose to a man.
9. I don’t believe in being friends with an ex. There’s enough people in this world to make new friends. This only applies if there are no children involved.
10. I always try to find good in every situation.
If you have any questions or blog ideas please leave in the comments below and don’t forget to like my post! Enjoy your week!
I pray everyone is enjoying Resurrection Day! I am truly blessed and thankful for Jesus! My OOTD is a remix of what I wore on Easter last year! My Victoria Beckham for Target lily trousers (no longer available in stores) I would recommend shopping sites such as EBay and Poshmark for resellers. Pairing it with a black tank and leather jacket gives it an edgier feel. Enjoy the rest of the day and if you have anything you would like to see on the blog feel free to comment below.