Hi Everyone! A few weeks ago (7/7/17 to be exact) I was meeting with my now fiance to do a workout and he surprised me with a proposal. I was completely surprised and didn’t expect this so soon. I know I made the right decision because I felt the peace of God and I just want to share some reasons why I said yes after 5 months of courting! And because this is a fashion blog, I also added a collage inspired by my workout outfit! Enjoy!
1. God gave me perfect peace about him. God purposely gives women discernment when it comes to men pursuing them (also known as intuition 1 Corinthians 14:33). God sends us men and so does the enemy, so as a woman we must discern who is from God and who isn’t.
2. We are in a courtship not dating, there’s a difference! In our first conversation my fiance told me he was looking for a wife (its He that finds a wife not she that finds a husband Proverbs 18:22) and he purposely pursued me to know if I was the one.
3. No Sex- in a courtship, there are boundaries. When you court God’s way He is the head of the relationship and when you take sex out of the equation, your judgement isn’t clouded and you’re not confusing love with lust.
(1 Corinthians 6:18-20.)
4. Purity-We made a decision to not kiss until our wedding day (this is a decision we made for our relationship and I’m not saying everyone is suppose to do this). The reason why is because we want to remain pure with no temptation (a small spark starts a fire James 3:5, Ephesians 5:27).
5. Godly Standards-I believe because we are honoring God with our relationship, because we both have standards ( no giving husband/wife benefits to a girlfriend/boyfriend Psalms 37:3-4, 2 Corinthians 6:14) he was able to hear from God to know to when to move forward with a proposal.
Every relationship is different and how it worked for us may not be how God plans it for you! We knew each other already, we attended the same church for 4 years and we didn’t speak to each other unless we crossed paths. We had no idea that while we were seeking the Lord and allowing him to grow us up in Him, He was working behind the scenes preparing us to be each others spouse!
Have a blessed week and feel free to make comments below, or suggestions for future blog posts!